With only 6 ingredients, you can whip up this healthy, vegan, gluten-free Little Gem Pea Salad in under 10 minutes.
- 2 small heads (4 ounces or 4 cups each) Little Gem lettuce, separated in small leaves
- 1 cup vegetable sprouts (i.e., radish, pea, alfalfa, sunflower, kohlrabi)*
- ½ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen), shelled sweet peas
- 1 cup fresh sprouted red lentils**
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, as desired
- Place lettuce leaves, vegetable sprouts, dill, peas, and red lentils in a 3 quart salad bowl.
- Toss together.
- In a small dish, mix together lemon juice and zest, salt and black pepper as desired, and whisk together until mixed.
- Drizzle over salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings (about 1 1/3 cups each).
*Find a variety of vegetable sprouts at your farmers market, supermarket, or make them yourself.
**Find fresh sprouted red lentils at natural food stores, farmers markets, or sprout them yourself following my guide here.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan salad, gem pea salad, healthy salad, spring salad recipe