This creamy & delicious Instant Pot Lentil Curry recipe is an easy healthy dinner packed with zucchini, green lentils, & potatoes – great for meatless Mondays!
It truly is amazing the difference the right spices can make in a dish.
Simple potatoes and lentils are transformed into a delicious myriad of textures and flavors with the vegetables and spices in this Instant Pot lentil curry.
And it’s incredibly easy to make!
How To Make Instant Pot Lentil Curry
I use my 6-quart Instant Pot DUO for this recipe (my favorite!).
Start by adding chicken broth and diced onion into your Instant Pot.
Add in your green lentils.
Then your spices.
Now, I’m fairly sensitive when it comes to spice (I’m an only-mild-salsa kind of gal) and this dish isn’t spicy to me, as long as I stick to the lower end of thee cayenne pepper.
But if you are worried about the spice, you can always start low and add more if you’d like!
And now add your potatoes, coconut milk, and tomatoes.
Set your pot to “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” and set your timer to 15 minutes (and, of course, make sure the valve on your lid is set to sealing!).
When the cooking time is complete, allow your pot to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes (that basically just means, don’t touch it during that time!), then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
I usually chop up the zucchini for the next step during those 10 minutes.
Now, stir in your chopped zucchini and put the lid back on for it to warm through.
The more finely you chop your zucchini, the shorter time you will need for it to warm through.
Now, you are welcome to add your zucchini to cook with the rest of the dish, but it will get quite mushy. I prefer my zucchini to have a bit of crunch left in it, which is why I add it at the end here.
Do what your family prefers, though!
Once your zucchini is warmed/cooked to your liking, your dish is ready to serve!
What To Serve With Curry
This dish is meant to be a one-pot meal so you really don’t have to serve anything with it, but naan or pita chips go great with this dish!
You could also choose to pair it with something like grilled chicken or roasted salmon if you didn’t want to have an entirely meatless meal.
Looking For Other Healthy One-Pot Recipes?
- 1 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne (depending on how spicy you prefer)
- 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups diced zucchini (~2 large)
- Pour all ingredients EXCEPT for zucchini into your Instant Pot in the order listed. Don’t stir.
- Put the lid Instant Pot on your Instant Pot, making sure the valve is set to “Sealing”.
- Cook on manual (high) pressure for 15 minutes. Remember, it will take time for your pot to come to pressure before the timer will begin counting down.
- When the cooking time is completely, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the diced zucchini, then replace the lid for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is your desired texture.
Serving Size: 1/6 (~1 3/4 cup)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 368Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 17gSugar: 12gProtein: 17g
This information is just an estimate and may not be 100% accurate. Always double-check the nutritional information using your specific products and ingredients.
Pin This Recipe For Later!