Here are some of the main points from the page.
Self-managing your NDIS funding gives you control, independence and flexibility in arranging and paying for your supports.
If you self-manage your NDIS funding you will have:
- Choice in deciding what supports you purchase in line with what is included in your plan, who provides these supports and how they are delivered.
- Flexibility to use any provider that will best help you to meet your plan goals.
- Capacity to employ or contract staff directly, or have someone employ staff on your behalf.
- Ability to negotiate the costs of your supports so you get the best value-for-money and to use savings to buy more or better quality supports.
- Control over and responsibility for your NDIS funding so you can manage your own budget for the duration of your plan.