How many plastic particles per serving have been found in the fish muscle itself?
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This the final video in a three-part series. Here are the first two in case you missed them: Microplastic Contamination and Seafood Safety (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/microplastic-contamination-and-seafood-safety) and Are Microplastics in Seafood a Cancer Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-microplastics-in-seafood-a-cancer-risk).
This isn’t the first time I’ve touched on the issue of seafood and chemical pollutants:
• Fish Consumption and Suicide (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-consumption-and-suicide)
• ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease): Fishing for Answers (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/als-lou-gehrigs-disease-fishing-for-answers/)
• Dioxins in U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dioxins-in-u-s-farm-raised-catfish/)
• Fish and Diabetes (https://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-and-diabetes)
• California Children Are Contaminated (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/california-children-are-contaminated)
• How Long to Detox from Fish Before Pregnancy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy)
• Is Fish “Brain Food” for Older Adults? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-brain-food-older-adults)
But what about the “benefits” we are told about fish? See Omega 3’s and the Eskimo Fish Tale (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/omega-3s-and-the-eskimo-fish-tale) and Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-microplastic-is-found-in-fish-fillets and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-microplastic-is-found-in-fish-fillets. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Image credit: Oregon State University / flickr
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/