Are you looking for a fun way to pass the time but also a boost your hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and number sense? You’re in the right place! Today we have a free dot game printable in two different sizes.
Our dot game template comes in PDF format, making it easy to print on regular copy paper. You can print this classic pencil and paper game of dots in different colors to keep things exciting, and print it as many times as needed. So, grab your dot markers or pencils and let’s get started!
Download here –> Dot Game Printable Templates
Whether you have long car rides coming up, are looking for a great activity during a family road trip, or just need some extra practice in a fun and interactive way, we’ve got you covered. This dot game is great for the whole family, from younger to older kids.
Instructions to Play the Dot Games:
– Our free dot game printable pages (available in two sizes)
– Dot markers or colored pencils
– A friend or family member (two-player game)
To connect a series of adjacent dots, forming squares and claiming them as your own. The player with the most squares at the end of the game wins!
How to Play:
- Download and print our free dot game template. You can find the download link at the bottom of the post.
- Each game board consists of a grid of dots. The dots are evenly spaced in rows and columns. This grid is your canvas for creating squares.
- Decide who goes first. You can flip a coin, draw straws, or simply take turns.
- Players take turns connecting two unjoined adjacent dots with a straight vertical or horizontal line. You can’t draw diagonal lines.
- Whenever a player completes the fourth side of a square, they get to claim that square by writing their initials inside it. It’s a race to see who can create more squares!
- For advanced players, add an extra challenge. To claim a square, players must correctly state the number of dots along one side of the square, reinforcing number recognition and math skills.
- The game continues until all the dots are connected, and no more squares can be formed. Count the squares with your initials inside. The player with the most squares is the winner of the game!
Now that you know the rules, it’s time to dive into some dots and squares fun with our free printables.
Small Dot Grid
Our first dot game printable has a small grid/smaller dots. Children of different ages have varying levels of fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Having smaller dots makes the game more challenging and complex, being more suitable for older kids and adults.
Big Dot Grid
Our second dot game printable has bigger dots. Since children have different levels of fine motor skills, younger kids may find it easier to play with this printable as it’s more simple to connect the dots.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Dot Game COLORING SHEETS
Dot Game printable are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Dot Game PDF FILE
More printable games for all Age groups from Kids Activities blog:
Did you enjoy playing our dot game printable?