Shaved Brussels sprouts are a great way to showcase new textures and flavors in a salad, especially this zesty, Thai-inspired Coconut Curry Brussels Sprout Salad with papaya, a crunchy granola topping, and a flavorful vinaigrette. All you have to do is shave fresh Brussels with a mandolin or sharp knife, and toss in cilantro, green onions, and papaya. Then mix up a vibrant ginger-curry vinaigrette to toss into the salad. Top it with a sprinkle of your favorite coconut-flavored granola (or my own home-made Turmeric Hemp Granola) and you are good to go! This healthy, delicious completely plant-based (vegan), gluten-free salad holds up well, making it the perfect addition for picnics, potlucks, and meal prep.
This Thai-inspired Coconut Curry Brussels Sprout Salad is flavored with papaya, a crunchy granola topping, and a flavorful vinaigrette—it’s healthy, delicious, plant-based (vegan), and gluten-free.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups papaya, chopped
- To make salad, shave Brussels sprouts: trim ends, and slice very thinly vertically with a knife or mandolin. (You can also find pre-shaved Brussels sprouts in some markets, too.) Place shaved Brussels sprouts, cilantro, green onions, and papaya in a large salad bowl.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, jalapeno, agave nectar, soy sauce, and curry powder until smooth.
- Toss dressing into the salad and combine well.
- Top with coconut granola. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American, Thai
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 178 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: healthy salad, vegan salad, curry salad
For other plant-based salads, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.
Published at Mon, 19 Apr 2021 07:00:10 +0000