You can whip up a delicious, cool, classic Spanish style soup in just 10 minutes in your blender or food processor. This Classic Gazpacho is filled with the tastes of summer—tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, herbs, and garlic. Simply light and healthful, this recipe is plant-based (vegan), gluten-free, added sugar-free, and can easily be made without oil or salt. Yet it’s packed with flavor! It’s delicious as a chilled soup to cool on the hottest of days. Serve it as a wonderful appetizer or veggie-rich meal accompaniment with sandwiches or a grain or bean salad. It’s the perfect low-calorie Mediterranean compliment to any meal!
Watch this video on how to make Classic Gazpacho:
This fresh Spanish-inspired, cold soup is the perfect, light, healthy start to a meal; you can blend up this plant-based, gluten-free Gazpacho in minutes.
- 2 medium (6 ounces each) tomatoes, quartered (or 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with liquid)
- 1 medium bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small (6 ounce) cucumber, sliced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, cut into chunks
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Place tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, jalepeno, red onion, garlic, parsley or cilantro, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, broth, and black pepper in the container of a large blender or food processor.
- Process on low just for a few seconds, to finely chop but to still provide a chunky texture.
- Pour into serving containers or a large serving bowl.
- Chill until serving time.
- Makes 4 (1/2-cup) servings.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: gazpacho, homemade gazpacho, easy gazpacho recipe
For other plant-based soup recipes, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.