Causes of Bacterial Infection of the Skin
Even though everyone is exposed to bacteria, only a few get affected by infection due to certain factors like:
- Low immune power.
- Damaged skin due to burns, eczema, cracks or dry skin.
- Surgical intervention, giving injections without proper aseptic precautions.
- Any trauma or injury due to fall or accidents.
- Spread of infection from infected person through razor, towels, pillow cover, etc.
- Certain diseases like HIV, cancer can also precipitate.
Symptoms of Bacterial Infection of Skin include
- Pus filled boils/blisters.
- Ulcer or sore formation.
- Fluid discharge.
- Red rashes with swelling.
- In severe infection you may get fever also.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Bacterial Infection of the Skin
You can take the below medicines internally to treat the bacterial infection:
These medicines have Pitta dosha pacifying property and also purifies your blood. It will relieve you from itching associated with bacterial infection.
Dos and Dont’s
- If you have any wounds, do proper dressing and apply ointments.
- Wash your wound with proper antiseptic solution.
- Keep your skin well moistened.
- Include wheat, dates, raisins, pomegranate, gooseberry, ginger, coriander, pepper, long pepper and buttermilk in your diet.
- Avoid pickles, sauce, curds. Reduce salty, sour and spicy foods.
- Avoid pitta aggravating diet and lifestyle.
- Avoid more exposure to hot environment and humid climate.
- Avoid alcohol intake and smoking.
- Avoid sharing towels, razor, etc. with others.
- Minimise long distance travelling.
- Neem Tablets
Benefits of NEEM
- Anti Bacterial, Anti Parasitic, Anti Fungal and Anti Viral
- Anti Inflammatory
- Anti Malarial
- Detoxifies and Purifies Blood
- Treats Infections
- Acts as a Deworming Agent
- Treats Skin Disorders
- Helps in the Management of Diabetes
2 tablets once or twice daily.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device