Avocado Board-funded studies suggest avocados may facilitate weight loss, but compared to what?
What does the latest research on Vitamin D say? Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive an infographic summary of the main takeaways and Dr. Greger’s recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
Note this in contrast to studies on nuts, another healthy whole food source of fat, where adding nuts to one’s diet actually doesn’t lead to the expected weight gain. See Nuts & Obesity: The Weight of Evidence (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-obesity-the-weight-of-evidence/).
This is part of my latest slew of avocado videos. Make sure to check the rest out:
• The Effects of Avocados and Red Wine on Meal-Induced Inflammation (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Effects-of-Avocados-and-Red-Wine-on-Meal-Induced-Inflammation)
• Are Avocados Healthy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-healthy)
• Are Avocados Good for Your Cholesterol? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-good-for-your-cholesterol)
• Avocados Lower Small Dense LDL Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Avocados-Lower-Small-Dense-LDL-Cholesterol)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-fattening and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-avocados-fattening. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org