Air Fryer Blackened Salmon is a mouthwatering, juicy, full of flavor recipe! The Air Fryer makes it so easy to make perfect salmon every time. It’s a seriously simple way to make a great meal, not to mention, it takes very little time.
This delicious blackened salmon recipe makes it easy to keep your healthy eating goals in sight and enjoy a great dinner. One thing we never do is compromise on how food tastes. Always cutting fats and oils and making sure the flavor is there using herbs and spices. It’s always a winner having an easy to make dinner that seems like it took a lot of time to make. If you love a blackened fish this is a recipe you will want to make over and over.
We made mushroom ravioli which were also super easy. We just purchased fresh cheese ravioli and they only take about 5 minutes to cook. The flavors were awesome with the salmon. The blackened salmon will also be great with Mashed Potatoes, steamed broccoli, asparagus, Pub Fries, rice or a fresh salad. YUM!
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon
This blackened salmon is moist and flakey inside with a snappy seasoning on the outside. The air fryer takes the guess work out of cooking salmon. I know I used to get intimidated while cooking seafood. But not any more!!! It is so easy to cook in the air fryer. Cooking the salmon in the Air Fryer is quick. . .less then 20 minutes and dinner is ready!!
Just rub on Olive Oil. Sprinkle on the blacked seasoning. And it’s ready to go in the air fryer. The intense flavors in this blackened salmon is amazing!
Place the salmon in the Air Fryer skin side down. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Air Frying Salmon works GREAT!
We love to have salmon often. In the summer we usually grill it on a cedar plank. Air frying is just the best way to cook for so many reasons.
- Salmon is a firm fish so it won’t fall apart in the air fryer.
- The air fryer cooks the salmon getting a crispy outside with the inside being juicy and flakey. Pure salmon perfection!!!
- Cooking in the Air Fryer is fast and really easy to clean up.
- Best Part, if you use the Air Fryer in the summer it won’t heat up the kitchen.
- Gently rinse the salmon under cool water. I like to do this to get any bits off the salmon.
- Dry the salmon with a paper towel. Just pat it dry.
- Use a good olive oil. This will give a nice buttery flavor. Using the olive oil helps the seasoning to stay on the salmon.
- To ensure you don’t overcook the salmon use a meat thermometer. To check the temperature put the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon.
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon
Air Fryer Blackened Salmon is a no fuss, easy way to spice up a fish dinner. Salmon perfectly compliments the bold flavors of the seasoning.
- 12 Ounces Salmon
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
Blackened Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper OPTIONAL
Rinse salmon under cold water. Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel
Spread 1 teaspoon olive oil on each salmon fillet
Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon of Blackened Seasoning on each salmon
Spray Air Fryer with Cooking Spray
Cook the Salmon in Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Check the Salmon to see if done. Might need to cook for 2 additional minutes
Serve with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!!!
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1828mg | Potassium: 1112mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4626IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4mg
Other Recipe’s You Might LOVE