Air Fryer Bacon is so easy to make and is always perfectly cooked. We used to make our bacon in the oven. Which is a great way to cook it and it takes about 10 minutes longer than in the air fryer. But who wants to wait 10 extra minutes for bacon?? 😁
I know you are probably thinking you can’t cook bacon in the air fryer! At least that’s what we thought. That is until we decided to make an Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper wrapped in bacon. The poppers cooked great. So we decided to try making bacon (by itself) in the air fryer. It’s crazy how fast it cooks, there’s very little clean up, and it turns out perfect every time!!
Air Fryer Bacon
Just remember bacon comes in all sizes. I usually buy the thick cut but there is thin cut, center cut, and regular cut. I’m sure there are other cuts also. Haha The first time you make the bacon in the air fryer (or oven) just keep an eye on it until you get an understanding of how fast your air fryer cooks. Remember the thicker the bacon the longer needed for cooking.
For us it takes about 10 minutes to cook to the perfection of how we like. We cook the bacon on 400 degrees and flip it after 5 minutes.
Making in the Oven
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees
- Place Non- stick Foil on a cookie sheet. Make sure the foil covers the complete cookie sheet. This will make clean up a lot easier.
- Put bacon on the cookie sheet
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven
- Cook for about 20 minutes. I always check at about 18 minutes. Cooking time is dependent on the thickness
- When the Bacon has the crispness you want, remove it from the oven
- Place a paper towel on a plate. Put the bacon on the paper towel. Dab the grease
- Place a single layer of bacon in the air fryer. If it overlaps it won’t cook evenly.
- Cut bacon in half. This will help fit it easier into the air fryer and it will help get more in the air fryer. And we always want more bacon!
- Pay attention, especially if it’s the first time using the air fryer to cook bacon. Check it after 4 minutes and flip. After it’s flipped check it every couple of minutes. It takes a couple of times for cooking to know the exact length of time it takes to cook in order to get the crispiness you like. Most likely, you won’t have to check it the next time you cook it.
- If making more than one batch, make sure to empty the grease from the lower basket before making the next batch
- Be careful when emptying the grease. It is hot and can make a mess if you spill it down the side of your cabinets. (yes, I found that out the hard way). Use a paper towel to dab up the grease. DO NOT poor the grease down the drain!
- We like the thicker cut bacon so it does take a little longer to cook. If you are using thinner cuts just watch it closely -it needs less time.
- Every Air Fryer is different so it’s important to check how food is cooking the first few times of cooking
Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon is an easy fast way to prepare perfect bacon every time. Crispy delicious bacon ready in less than 10 minutes
- 6 Pieces of Bacon Depends on size of air fryer basket
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper OPTIONAL
Place the bacon in the air fryer basket.
If you want the bacon spicy, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper.
Cook in Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Check and flip the bacon after 5 minutes.
Place the bacon on paper towels to dab up the grease
Other Recipe’s You Might LOVE