There’s a lot to be said about having a proper diet and plenty of exercise in our daily routines. It seems like the number of people suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or obesity is consistently increasing. While there are many medications on the market to treat such ailments, sometimes, we can simply change up our eating habits to either improve the condition or get rid of it completely. Adding healthy, cleansing foods to your diet can make a world of difference while also helping us feel better overall.
Obesity can lead to a wide range of health issues, both mentally and physically. This includes chronic fatigue, constant aches and pains, and even a lessened desire in the bedroom, leading to issues in our relationships and self-esteem. These aren’t the normal effects of aging, and we can make simple changes that help resolve them.
If you find yourself feeling the effects of poor health that are most likely caused by an unhealthy diet, it’s time to do something about it.
Physicians and companies worldwide have created healthy diets and eating plans to assist us in our journey for better living. You don’t have to look very far to find the latest and greatest fad diet or cleanse that’s meant to give you a health boost with minimal effort. I personally tried a juice cleanse a few years ago because I wanted a fast fix for some unhealthy eating habits. Unfortunately, I didn’t find a lot of success after a few days of hunger and grumpiness. You don’t have to invest a lot of money in a cleanse or make major changes to your daily diet, though; you can incorporate simple items into your normal meals and elevate them to another level.
As you look through the list below, don’t let it intimidate you. There’s a chance you haven’t even heard of some of the items on the list, but they might be just what your body needs to experience a natural cleanse and a major improvement to your overall health. You can start by experimenting with some familiar items, then slowly add from there. For example, add some berries to your morning meal a few mornings this week and munch on some broccoli instead of chips. You can even hit up a local juice bar and ask them to include some of the listed items. You’ll find that adding cleansing foods to your daily routine is easier than you thought!
Cleansing foods to eat to feel better fast
- Cruciferous vegetables: This includes arugula, broccoli, kale, collards, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. Try to get at least 1 cup per day for the best health benefits.
- Fiber-rich foods: Foods that are high in fiber include fruits (especially apples), vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds, and beans and peas. Fiber is integral to a healthy diet because it helps normalize your bowel movements and naturally cleanses your system.
- Avocados: A natural detoxifier, avocados are a superfood packed with nutrients to give you better health overall.
- Organic green tea: Substitute your morning coffee with a cup of green tea instead. If you can’t live without your morning joe, swap out secondary cups instead to mix it up a bit and get the health benefits of both.
- Fresh vegetable juices: Look for ingredients like ginger, celery, cilantro, and parsley, and make sure they aren’t packed with sugar because it would offset any of the health benefits you’d otherwise experience.
- Herbal detoxification teas: These should contain a mix of burdock root, dandelion root, ginger root, licorice root, sarsaparilla root, cardamom seeds, and cinnamon bark. Yes, it sounds like something you’d mix up in a witch’s lair, but you can’t deny the cleansing benefits you’ll encounter.
- High-quality, sulfur-containing foods: These include eggs, whey protein, garlic, and onions. What’s nice about this is you can incorporate them into each meal of the day while adding flavor and seasoning.
- Garlic cloves: Try to include 2 to 3 cloves every day in your daily meal planning. If this isn’t realistic, you can consider a garlic supplement instead.
- Chia seed: Chia seeds have been used for years to help aid in digestion and ease joint pain. Their neutral flavor makes them an easy addition to elevate the health level of any dish.
- Bioflavonoids: These are commonly found in grapes, berries, and citrus fruits and are easily incorporated into your morning meal. Consider using them to top your cereal or oatmeal, or add them to some healthy greek yogurt as a parfait.
- Dandelion greens: These work wonders to improve the flow of bile and increase urine flow, which will help cleanse your system of dangerous toxins.
- Celery: This increases urine flow, which again will cleanse your system of toxins.
- Cilantro: While there’s the old joke that you either love or hate cilantro – there’s no in-between – it helps remove heavy metals from the body. Use it to top a tasty dinner as a dash of color, flavor, and a healthy dose of cleaning food.
- Rosemary: This contains carnosol, a potent booster of detoxification enzymes, which can help cleanse your system while acting as a flavor booster as well.
- Curcuminoids: These include turmeric and curry, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne is thought to boost metabolism and increase fat burning. It has capsaicin, known for its ability to cleanse and detox the body at a cellular level. If you aren’t keen on spicy foods, you can consider adding a cayenne supplement to your diet.
- Burdock root: Often used in traditional Chinese medicine for detox purposes, burdock root is thought to support liver function. You can enjoy burdock root tea or take a supplement to still get its cleansing benefits.
- Chlorophyll: This is found in dark-green leafy vegetables and wheatgrass and helps detox the liver and bind and remove toxins at the cellular level.
- Pycnogenol: This is an anti-inflammatory substance extracted from French maritime pine bark and is available as a supplement to support circulation.
- Pomegranate: Not only is pomegranate delicious, but it’s packed full of antioxidants that provide a wealth of cleansing health benefits.
- Seaweed: This has been a staple in Asian cuisine for many years and is packed full of iodine and fiber, both of which improve digestion and your overall health.
For some amazing recipes packed full of nutrients, take a look at Prime Women’s PLATE program, which offers an amazing program specially designed to help women over 50 jump-start their weight loss. Now available in an app on Apple or Android with reminders to keep you on track. You can also consider trying our program for 5-day ProLon fasting with food, or you can use FastBar to avoid temptation and help you find success when trying an intermittent fast (as a bonus, you can use code PRIME for either product to save money when making a purchase).